CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

WELCOME BACK KINDERMUSIK FAMILIES Fall 2009

This will be my 16th year teaching Kindermusik in my home studio. Can you believe it? Time flies! I still get excited talking about Kindermusik and teaching it's wonderful musical concepts. I am totally committed in giving your child the best musical training they can possibly get, and we all know how important musical training is to your growing child's brain. I would like to remind you of a few items you can help your child with to ensure a successful Kindermusik year. 1. Play the CD a ton! They are yearning to listen to the music. I know it might drive you crazy, but the child needs this to solidify the neural pathways of their brain. They are making neural connections with the music they are listening to and the Kindermusik classroom. You will see unbelievable language development and motor skills appear if you do this. 2. Support the home activities your child will be asked to do, and let your child build his/her self esteem and confidence by bringing them to class and showing them to their fellow musical friends. They love the projects they have made and brought from home. 3. Read their at home books to them, along with other books that scaffold or connect the activity I am teaching. 4: Bring them on time to class, and make sure you come 10 minutes before the class ends to be with your child for their sharing time. Sharing time is a time I go over all the activities we have worked on in class and what you need to do at home to help them have an incredible musical experience. A CAUTION!!! BE SURE TO COME IN MY FRONT DOOR WHEN COMING BACK FOR SHARING TIME OBSERVING YOUR CHILD VERY QUIETLY AT THE BACK OF THE CLASSROOM. When you come in the garage door, it takes all the magic out of the classroom.
MAKE-UP POLICY: There are no make-up lessons in my YC1 or YC3 Kindermusik classes. I have no other times I teach these classes. If you need to make up an Imagine That or Our Time class, contact me ASAP and I will let you know of a class time that will work for me and you. I teach several OT classes and 2 IT.
NEW THIS YEAR! I will be having a Daddy/Child Pajama Party each semester. It will be free to whoever would like to attend. Dad's never get to participate, so I thought this would be a fun thing to do for the wonderful Dad's who support Kindermusik. After the class we will have a milk and cookie time. I will have this TUESDAY NIGHT before THANKSGIVING at 6pm, and 7pm. Mark your calendars now.
If you have any suggestions or questions, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I am here to serve because I love you all sooooo much.
OOPS, Parking! Remember to park in my driveway or in my mother's driveway which is on the south side of my studio. Please do not park on the road or block the dirt road in front of my house. THANKS!

3 comments:

Nikole said...

Susan,
Trying to get a hold of you! Do you still have a spot for Jourden in your class? Also Jourden doesn't get out of school until 3:00 everyday. Should we come late? (Venture doesn't have early day) What do you think?
:) Nikole

Marianne said...

We're excited! Thanks for all your hard work!

Amber Addams said...

Susan,

If you have anyone drop from your Our Time on Tuesdays, please let me know. I didn't act soon enough to get my son in your class and we can't do a Wednesday class.

-Amber
araddams {at} gmail {dot} com